The four main goals of my Basic Intro to Semi Auto Pistols class are to teach you:
2. Good Form
3. Fluidity with the basics of pistol handling
4. Accuracy with single shots and controlled pairs (2 shots fired quickly)
Do you own a pistol or are you thinking of owning a pistol? Is your purpose for owning a pistol target shooting, protection in your home, or conceal and carry? Whatever your purpose is, I can tailor the class to focus on your need. I frequently teach this class in the student’s home if you are a NH resident. This also opens the door to discussing how a pistol can be safely handled in your home with direct application! Meeting elsewhere is fine also. Children are welcome to listen to the safety portion if you have any. Children 12 and up are welcome to take this class with a parent at the parents discretion. I have appropriate sized pistols for kids they can use.
– The fundamental rules of firearm safety
– Solid stance
– One and two handed grip
– The features and functions of semi auto pistols in general or specifically on your gun (if you have one)
– Loading, unloading
– Dealing with common malfunctions
– Proper trigger control
– Drawing from a holster and re-holstering
– Disassembly and cleaning (if you like)
– NH laws concerning the purchase and responsible use of firearms, carry permits
– Live fire exercises
I can provide a firearm, ammo, ear protection, and eye protection if you need me to.
What you will need:
– Firearm (if you have one) and 2 or more magazines
– Strong side holster (if you have one)
– A sturdy belt
– Magazine pouches (optional)
– 200 rounds of target ammunition (if you know what to buy—call me if you don’t)
– Hearing protection
– Eye protection… if you wear glasses, you still need eye protection
– Modest clothing (no low cut or v neck shirts)
– Comfortable closed toed shoes or boots
– Baseball hat or brimmed hat
– Bug spray and sunscreen as you see fit
– Water and something to eat if you need it
Course length: depending on your level of familiarity, number of people, your needs, and where we end up meeting/shooting, this class takes between 4-6 hours. We can always do the class portion one night and the range portion another day if you like.
– $110 for one person (not including ammo)
– $100 for each person in a small group or family up to 4 people.
– If I provide the ammo, I will not mark up the cost.
– $50 deposit per student required when arrangements are made. If you’re a family group which cohabitates, the $50 deposit for the group is fine.