This class is for Adults only (21+). This is a defensive shooting class where you will shoot targets that look like assailants. Therefore, I will only teach it to mature people who can legally purchase a pistol. You must have a valid NH pistol carry permit OR a criminal background check from the state of NH done within the last year ( https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/jib/crimrecords/documents/dssp256.pdf ).
This string of courses builds on skills you learned in the basic course (if you took it with me) and applies them to defensive pistol tactics after a brief fundamentals warm up.
There are 3 phases of Defensive Pistol Applications. Your phase 1 course will offer a solid foundation for the other two phases and will also be a prerequisite for them and for the Low Light Pistol course.
If you haven’t taken my basic course, we can start off with my drills and progress from there. Please describe to me what you’re looking to learn and your experience so we can customize a lesson if you’d like to work privately.
More advanced techniques will only be introduced when fundamentals are safely and smoothly performed.
Topics may include:
– Tactical reloads and speed reloads
– Hammered pairs (controlled pairs only faster)
– Multiple target engagement
– Failure drills (controlled pairs with a well aimed follow up shot to a smaller target area)
– Lateral movement
– Strong hand only shooting
– Flashlight techniques
– Firing from behind cover
– Kneeling positions (if you are physically capable)
– One handed skills for left and right hand: draws, reloads, malfunction clearing
Skills taught depend on your experience and ability.
What you will need:
– Firearm and 2 or more magazines (3 or 4 is ideal)
– Strong side holster
– A sturdy belt
– 2 Magazine pouches
– 200 to 300 rounds of target ammunition depending on the phase
– Your flashlight (I have some you can use also- this is a daytime class so no extra batteries are needed)
– Hearing protection
– Eye protection… if you wear glasses, you still need eye protection
– Modest clothing (no low cut or v neck shirts)
– Comfortable closed toed shoes or boots
– Baseball hat or brimmed hat
– Bug spray and sunscreen as you see fit
– Water is a must and something to eat if you need it
Course length: Varies per Phase
Phase 1 will generally take 5 hrs if you have taken the basics class
Phase 2 will take 4 hrs
Phase 3 will take 4 hrs
– $175 for one person (not including ammo)
– $160 for each person in a small group or family up to 4 people.
– If I provide the ammo, I will not mark up the cost.
– $50 deposit per student required when arrangements are made. If your family group cohabitates, the $50 deposit for the group is fine.