Most defensive encounters take place at close range and in variable & low light conditions. Make sure you’re ready before the lights go out.
This is an informative “options” class with a course of fire designed to introduce you to common low light/flashlight tactics, techniques, and equipment considerations.
Low light skills will only be introduced when defensive techniques are solid during full light.
Live fire exercises include:
- Shooting various flashlight techniques at close to intermediate distance in the dark
- Shooting with night sights in dim conditions
- Use of light as a threat identification control tool
- Basic handgun manipulations with light retention
- Malfunction clearing with light retention
- Moving and shooting using flashlights in the dark
- Shooting around and moving to cover with flashlights in the dark